Saturday, June 14, 2008

Random Topics!

We have finally moved in!! I am so sorry that i have not been able to post!! The computer just got set up last night and the Internet this morning! Over the past couple of days, i have noticed something . . . . . . . My family can not go very long without a computer! My mom, dad, and I the most because we're the ones who have to check email, post, work on a project, etc.! As you can see in the title, I am going to be typing about random topics!! First, my birthday is in 2 days!!! My moms side of the family is coming over tonight and we are going to swim, open fathers day presents and my presents, and eat this Delicious cheesecake that my mom bought and i decorated!!! I spent 45 minutes today covering these cherries in " hard chocolate" {that's what my family calls the Magic Shell Chocolate}. I think i put 3 layers of that on all of the cherries! Then I wrote my name, and the number 11 on the cake with this hardening cake decorating icing. There's a picture of the cake down below.
Moving on . . . . I feel so bad for my cat Hunter! He doesn't do very well with strangers or big changes! And in this past week, we have had movers, visitors , and family over. Plus the fact that we had to lock him in the so called music room for a day, then he was locked up in the laundry room for half a day, and now he has to figure out all the rooms in the house!{Natalie's and mine in particular} So all I have to say to you Hunter is . . . . . sorry.
I have one thing to say about this next subject . . . . . . . . My rooms sooo pretty!!!!!!!! Before you read anything else, scroll down and see the picture of it!! Now I know, it's kind-of bare, but remember, I've just moved in and I am still trying to figure out were all my stuff is!!
This is a picture of our new pool! It has a slide! But you know whats best about it, it is always warm, were as my grandma's is always cold!! They are almost the exact same . . . . . they are in the sun at the same time of day, there pretty much the same size, but hers is always colder!!? So Mommy Holly, last time I swam in your pool, you told me to "just jump in already!", I usually do that, but in your pool, I must be crazy before that happens!
This is a picture of the creek that is just behind our house! once you get down there you can see something really odd! If you look down the right side of the creek, it is filled with HUGE rocks! But if you look down the left side, it's completely barren! If you keep going down the left side though it becomes rocky farther down, but in the front, it's kind-of like a wet desert!
I have no picture of this, but recently I decided that I wanted Carrina {my other cat} to come and stay in my room with me for awhile! Later that night, I went and put her down stairs on the other side of the baby gate! So I get up the next morning and go down stairs with out making my bed! I come up a few hours later to find that Carrina has some how climbed the stairs, and stretched her self across my bed and fallen asleep! I think she stayed their for more than half the day! So that night I get in my bed and went to sleep. I woke up at about 2:45 in the morning and saw that Carrina had gotten in my bed with me and had decided that the best place to sleep was half on the bed half on my head! I didn't move her because I thought she would move later, she didn't , I woke up again at 8:00 to find her still on my head! Just thought I would tell that story to all those fellow cat lovers out there!
Sorry about the purple underlines up there! They got put on there some how when the pictures were done uploading!
Isn't that such a pretty cake!
tired from all the horror of the week!
Pretty bed, pretty cake, all done by Emily!
Best and WARM pool!
That would be the rocky side of the creek!

2 comments:

M Holly said...

Great post, Emily. And, I'm sorry my pool seems cold to you. Next time you come over, I'll have to warm it up!! Ha! I really think it is warmer now.

Had a good time celebrating your birthday tonight. It's hard to believe you are "11"! Maybe this next year needs to go a little slower!

Don't forget to do that research I asked you to do!

Love, Mommy Holly

Unknown said...

Wishing you a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" one day early!
Your bedroom is beautiful...and you did a great job on decorating the cheese cake....you are such the "little miss" homemaker!
I hope your cats will settle into your new home soon.

Aunt Dianne